A Notary Public certifies or "notarises" documents for use overseas.
This includes verifying the identity of the person signing the document as well as his or her legal capacity, authority and understanding of the document.
For private individuals, this may include providing:
• A certified copy of your passport;
• A power of attorney e.g. allowing someone to purchase or sell property on your behalf;
• Authentication of a consent to travel document for children;
• Affidavits concerning OCI applications; or
• A certified copy of a degree or educational certificate.
or business clients, this may include:
• Granting a power of attorney;
• Authenticating company information; or
• Execution of statutory declarations.
One of our partners, Andrew Lindsay, provides notarial services separately to those he provides as a solicitor. Please contact Mr Lindsay for further details.
His notarial practice is regulated by the Faculty Office of the Archbishop of Canterbury and not by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.